Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yes, we`re still in Okinawa!

Well, after staying an extra day because we had to wait for a part to arrive for the boat, we have decided to stay an extra few days because of the terrible weather in the East China Sea! Skipper has been checking the weather several times a day, constantly, and it may be getting better by tomorrow (Saturday, February 9th), so as of now we are planning to leave then. But the 30-ft seas and gale-force winds are very unappealing, so we will leave only when it`s safe to do so, for everyone! That`s just fine by me, and by everyone else, too! We are just trying to keep ourselves busy and occupied with different forms of entertainment to pass the time. We play cards, lots of games, singing, internet, going out to eat, and lots of "last-minute" trips to the bath house! It`s my new favourite place to go and thing to do! Canada should really get bath houses! I even got a nice salt scrub and back massage from a nice, sweet old lady in one of the saunas! I have had some sushi, too, while we have been here, although Okinawa does not have traditional Japanese cuisine. They have their own, traditional Okinawan foods, with a large Chinese influence (noodle, rice, meat dishes). So it is actually difficult to find sushi anywhere, but we found a few places. I am looking forward to getting to mainland Japan and having all the sushi places immaginable available! But first, we have to get to China! I am still really excited to be going to Shanghai, but I don`t want to have to go through that nasty weather that`s just to the west of us. I am having a great time, still, and enjoying all there is to enjoy on this island.
I hope everyone is doing well back home. I miss all of you so much, and I am thinking of you all constantly! I do love you all, and I am continuing to pray for you in all your different areas of life! Thank you all so much for all your letters, messages, thoughts, support, and prayers!

Love always, Sailor Katie :)

P.S. Matt, I love you. I KNOW you know I love you! Enjoy your fourth and final year of your Carpentry Apprenticeship, and I will see you not long after you are done (only 2 months, approximately)! I love you, Matthew Wayne MacDonald, and I am always thinking of you! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kates! Well you know as the old saying goes, "better safe than sorry" and it definitely applies for you guys! Hope all is well. Myself as well as Ashli will definitely be sending some stuff over with Jeff for you so that is something for you to be excited about! I was just wondering, I have my grad pic for you but do you want it sent to you or would you prefer if you just got it upon your return (i.e. so it won't get folded or wet or anything)? Let me know. Love ya tons girl,
EM

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! I was just catching up on all your blogging finally! Whew, you are a storyteller! I wish you a safe passage to Shanghai when the weather lets up, and I hope you all have fun walking the great wall of China!
Lots of love and miss you,
Amy